I Build Things
I have an excellent track record in designing and implementing complex software solutions with emphasis on customer satisfaction, quality and timely delivery.
- C/C++, Golang, Java, Ruby, Python
- Managing and deploying Kubernetes clusters
- Kubernetes ecosystem tools
- CI/CD systems and tools
- CAPS tools, with epmphasis on the “CA”
- 16+ years of software development experience
Senior Engineer at Samsung SDS America from March 2018 to present
- Designed and implemented the Cloud Native Computing Team’s Jenkins 2.0 CI/CD pipeline stack, complete with tool helm charts, shared workflow code, secret management, documentation and deployment scripts
- Contributed to various open-source projects
Engineer at Samsung SDS America from May 2015 to March 2018
- Designed and implemented an in-house solution for deploying Kubernetes clusters on various public cloud providers
- Developed and contributed to various Kubernetes ecosystem tools
- Developed Kubernetes Helm charts for a variety of opens source and customer applications
- Worked on making many business-critical legacy customer applications work in Kubernetes
- Worked on customer CI/CD pipelines
DevOps engineer at MTNSat from July 2013 to October 2014
- Designed and implemented test and integration tools for MTN CI pipeline.
- Created a set of scripts/utilities for modeling a MTN ShipCloud™ in AWS.
- Improved reliability, speed and scalability of MTN CI/CD pipeline.
- Developed and improved a variety of internal Chef cookbooks.
Android Apps Developer at MTNSat from February 2013 to July 2013
- Designed and implemented client-customizable Android front-ends for a variety of MTN on-ship services.
- Designed and implemented an rspec-based functional testing framework for the MTN on-ship application suite.
- Designed and implemented a concurrency and stress testing framework for the MTN on-ship application suite.
Consultant at StarSightings from October 2010 to Present
- Created first version of StarSightings for Android.
Software Design Engineer at Microsoft from July 2012 to February 2013
- Implemented new features of Ford SYNCII project, including HMI and middle layer.
- Did sustained engineering for Ford SYNC project, including field problem investigations and back-porting of features from Ford SYNC II.
- Worked directly with Ford and Elektrobit employees to investigate and resolve field bug reports.
Co-Founder, Engineering at TravellingWave Inc from May 2007 to July 2012
TravellingWave develops multimodal interfaces for entering speech into mobile devices. Using a combination of speech recognition and text prediction dubbed “VoicePredict,” TravellingWave’s technology enhances any kind of text input mechanism and allows for fast, easy and accurate data entry.
- Performed engineering duties throughout all phases of software development lifecycle of VoicePredict SDK for ARM/X86 devices and SMS/Email/Facebook/Twitter client for Windows Mobile 6.x.
- Drove development effort from the start, including design and time estimations including design, time estimations and most of the coding.
- Contributed to and implemented interfaces for TravellingWave proprietary noise filtering algorithm.
- Designed and implemented instrumentation system for gathering anonymous user feedback.
- Designed and implemented VoicePredict SMS/Email/Facebook/Twitter client for Windows Mobile 6.x.
- Designed, implemented and maintained company’s website.
Software Design Engineer at Cisco from July 2010 to December 2011
- Developed 1.0 version of Connect Express - an iOS/Android application for controlling a wide range of Cisco/Linksys WiFi routers remotely. For iOS and Android.
- Developed a software/hardware installer application for an upcoming home networking product on OS X and Windows platforms.
- Designed and implemented a localization/internationalization system for Cisco’s upcoming home networking product.
- Worked on parts of Webkit/QT based UI for various product components
- Maintained build system for the product
Software Design Engineer at Intrinsyc from May 2006 to May 2007
Intrinsyc Software’s Soleus is world’s first Microsoft Windows Embedded CE-based mobile handset platform, featuring pre-integrated hardware, software and telephony elements.
- Designed and developed from the ground up a full-featured custom shell for Soleus platform, with support for notifications, custom/animated icons, configurable “today” screen, multiple page layouts and tight integration with other system components.
- Worked on various other platform applications, such as calendar, alarm notifications, etc.
Software Design Engineer at Microsoft from September 2005 to May 2006
- Ported and enhanced an existing test harness for the Windows Vista Tablet Edition.
- Worked on the design and development of a web-based system for running ink tests remotely.
Software Design Engineer at Conversay from April 2001 to September 2005
- Designed and implemented Conversay’s speech enabled forms automation software for Windows Desktop, including creating functional and design specifications.
- Managed and led two offshore teams developing the Windows Mobile version of the forms automation client and the XML form builder.
- Designed and developed proofs of concept and pilot projects for General Electric Power Division.
- Ported parts of Conversay’s speech recognition SDK to MontaVista HardHat Linux, for deployment on a portable GPS device. Contributed to Conversay’s speech recognition SDK and engine development.
- Developed parts of Conversay’s suite of PIM applications.
- Designed and developed internationalization and localization components for deployment on Samsung phone ROMs.
Build Engineer at Conversay from September 2000 to April 2001
- Designed and developed multiple CM tools, supervised VSS configuration and daily builds.
- Helped design, implement and manage Conversay’s proprietary defect tracking tool.
University of Washington (September 1998 – November 2001): Applied and Computational Mathematical Sciences (Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) program, incomplete.
- Multimodal interface for input of text (US8571862B2)
- Detecting segments of speech from an audio stream (US8645131B2)